What does Pet Wellness Care Involve?
Wellness care encompasses multiple treatments and services designed to improve your pet’s long-term health and help prevent the onset of disease. These include:
- A thorough physical examination from nose to tail
- Booster vaccinations, as needed
- Deworming (common for puppies and kittens)
- Administering parasite prevention
- Fecal exam and blood work to screen for parasites and various diseases
- Nutritional recommendations and behavior counseling
- Treatment for any existing health issues
Another important aspect of wellness care is getting to know you and your pet. At Village Vet, communication is key to providing quality medicine. By understanding your needs and your pet’s needs, we can truly do our best for you both and help you share a long, happy life together.
The Importance of Parasite Prevention for Dogs and Cats
Parasite prevention is essential to your pet’s health, and should be administered year-round to protect them from fleas, ticks, heartworms, and other invasive pests. While fleas and ticks go dormant in below-freezing temperatures, they can become active again when the temperature rises above freezing. Furthermore, if your pet will be traveling to a warmer climate with you during the winter, they will be more at risk for parasites. Year-round coverage is your pet’s best defense against intruders.
Call us today at (269) 235-9380 to refill your pet’s parasite preventatives and keep them protected for another year.