What Conditions Can be Treated with Chiropractic?
Chiropractic works well in conjunction with other therapies, such as laser therapy, acupuncture, and traditional medication. We routinely combine Eastern and Western medicine to give our patients the best possible results.
Dr. Tulson generally uses chiropractic/spinal manipulation to help treat a wide range of orthopedic conditions, including:
- Back, neck, and leg pain
- Intervertebral disc disease
- Spinal injuries
- Hip and elbow dysplasia
- Orthopedic surgery (recovery)
Is Spinal Manipulation Painful?
Spinal manipulation (chiropractic adjustment) is performed manually, and involves using low-impact force to carefully manipulate the spine and joints into the proper position. It is normal for pets to experience soreness from their adjustment and possibly sleep for the rest of the day.
What are the Benefits of Chiropractic for Dogs and Cats?
There are a few notable benefits for pets being treated with spinal manipulation therapy:
- Results can be felt almost right away
- Treatment is drug-free
- Range of motion is improved
- Pain in the back, neck, and joints is reduced
- Flexibility is improved
- Blood vessel, nerve, and lymphatic function are improved
- May have less need for long-term medication